Monday, February 19, 2018

An Epic Love Story

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.... I married my childhood sweetheart.  I wanted to give him something special for Valentine's Day and I joined our geeky passions (Star Wars + Quilting) yet again for the gift.

Since we spent Valentine's Day together on an airplane:


and since I didn't start sewing until we got home from our trip, his gift was a bit late.

I hit my favorite design source, Google Images, and printed out an alphabet:



Then I traced the letters on Heat 'n Bond and appliqued them to fabric:


I only had one pillow form, so these were two sides of the same pillow:




This pillow goes well with his Christmas gift:


If you are not a Star Wars fan and are totally confused, watch this:



and then watch every Star Wars movie.  And pretend that Jar Jar never happened.  We do.

4 comments:

Pamela Arbour said...

Oh how sweet. I am sure my son could relate to that. He has the whole movie memorized! LOL What a beautiful memory!

Deb Mac said...

My husband and I are big Princess Bride fans. Our line is "as you wish" done in embroidery and hanging above our bed. Sweet romance!

Kerry said...

So romantic! We don't really have anything like that - not even a song! *sighs*

Kim said...

LOve it :0) How did you make that Darth pillow? I love to make one for Aaron.
Happy Sewing