Tuesday, August 01, 2017

Cutie Quilt: Stepping Stones

I needed a new copy of my Stepping Stones Cutie Pattern so I decided to make one for Quilts of Valor:


It's not quite Red, White & Blue, but the black and yellow don't distract too much from the theme:


I made this all from my stash and had trouble deciding on a binding.  I chose the red because I didn't want to cut into the blue fabric.  It was that simple:


I quilted this simply rather than a time-intensive custom quilting job since the recipient won't like it one bit more with fancy quilting.

This quilt still needs a label and a pillowcase, but then it's ready to be loved.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It looks like the medal ribbons worn by the soldiers on their uniforms. So I believe this is very appropriate for a quilt of valor. Annick H.