Monday, May 01, 2017

What's on Your Ceiling?

Quilting is my livelihood.  Many are jealous because they think that I make quilts all day, every day.  While I do quilt a lot, it is always on a deadline.  I also spend a great deal of time in airports, airplanes, cars, and at my desk.  The time spent at my desk is the cruelest time.  My desk is in my sewing room and I can see fabric, but I don't get to touch it while I am working on contracts, travel arrangements, handouts, lesson plans, social media, blog posts, magazine articles, and the like.

Please don't think I'm whining.  I love my job and accept easily the less-than-thrilling aspects of it.  Until May.  Quilt Market is in May and many industry professionals are a little stressed out right now as we prepare for this twice-a-year trade show.  I'm stressed.

I'm spending ridiculous amounts of time sitting at my desk these weeks and often gaze at the ceiling trying to think of the word I want to type.  I can never remember why I went into the kitchen and often forget the word I want to use next (Keeping it real, folks).  I see far too much of my ceiling and decided that it needed a little sparkle and fun to help me get through the next few weeks.

This is now hanging from my ceiling:


Who can have a bad day when there's a disco ball?

Party on.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Does it spin? :-) Wishing you a better day today.

Unknown said...

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!

Maybe some Hello Kitty posters on the ceiling - like they do in the dentist's chair!








Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

what a great idea!

PymaGirl said...

What creative thinking! Of course quilters are creative!

Linda Stoll said...

Everyone needs to drag out a disco ball now and then. This is your time!

allthingzsewn said...

Good luck with that. That would just rachet me up more. Hope the show goes well and I'll bet it does so don't stress too much.