Wednesday, May 24, 2017

MAIL CALL: The Letter "U"

I'm making a series of fabric postcards for a special little boy.

I printed out a U in a fun font.

I traced the letter "U" on Steam a Seam 2 and fused it to a scrap of fabric.

I fused the letter to a scrap of fabric and I added some Tearaway Stabilizer behind the fabric, threaded my handy-dandy Handi Quilter Stitch 210 machine with Neon Lime FabuLux thread in the needle and DecoBob in the bobbin.

I started stitching down the letter "U" using a blanket stitch (set at 5.0 width and 2.0 stitch length):


I tore away the stabilizer and fused some scrap backing fabric, Peltex, and my top fabric together.


Then I trimmed the card to 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".  I set my Stitch 210 machine for zig-zag (set at 5.0 width and .4 stitch length) and stitched around the edge of the card using In the Pinks FabuLux thread:


Another card, ready to mail!


I sent the card off in a clear mailing envelope and am now planning which letter to make next.  

3 comments:

Connie said...

The letters are looking great. I'm not much experienced with machine appliqué but I have done some long time ago. I mostly do it by hand when I appliqué.

Susi said...

Debby - I think these are a terrific idea. I'm going to do something similar for a very special little girl. Can't wait to get started! Thanks for being willing to share your great ideas.

tushar soni said...

Scott McRobie
Scott McRobie