Friday, April 07, 2017

Quilt Finish: A Subtle Quilt

I recently pulled out a stack of Scrappy Mountain Majesty blocks from Bonnie Hunter's pattern.  I pieced them together and found a backing in my stash, which always makes me scream "Score!"


The quilt is 48"x60" and I quilted it with some simple wavy lines using my Handi Quilter Pro-Stitcher and some tan thread:


Sadly, the need for a comfort quilt came more quickly than I expected when a friend was in a head-on collision.  Praise God, everyone involved was able to walk away from the accident.

When I heard the news I thought, "Hey, I can quickly bind that quilt and give it to him.  Wait!  The quilt is black and gold and he's a New England Patriots' fan and I can't give him a quilt made with Steelers' colors.  Wait!  I'm a Steelers' fan and there's (somewhat) friendly rivalry between us so this black and gold quilt will be a perfect gift from me to him."*

I delivered the quilt and very soon read a Facebook post containing these words:  "Upon closer inspection of said quilt, I realized that the quilt was full of Steelers colors!!! Sneaky, sneaky friend."
Sneaky.  That's me!
_____
*Yes, sometimes I have long conversations with myself.

No comments: