Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Cutie Quilt in Progress: Picnic Patch


A few weeks ago, my bin of Cuties (fat eighths) was overflowing and wouldn't close.  I had to pull some out to make a quilt.  I pulled these:


My fingers were itching to piece this quilt and here's what it looks like so far (on my New Design Wall!!!):


I will use solid cream fabric for the squares and border and then... the quilting!  Picnic Patch is probably my favorite quilt to quilt.  I plan to use a barely pink thread (mostly cream) for the quilting and I will quilt row after row after row of lovely ribbon candy.

I plan to give this as a wedding quilt to someone I don't know very well.  Is this too girly?  Too much of a style?  Or do you think it reads as a generically pretty quilt for a wedding?

1 comment:

beefi8 said...

I think that would look gorgeous for a wedding!