Sunday, December 04, 2016

Quiltville's En Provence Mystery -- Calling All Scraps!

As I do every December for the last decade or so, I am participating in Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt.  This year, we are making a quilt called En Provence.  I'm making mine Black, Gray, Lime, Lemon, Neutral, and Hot Pink.  Fun, right?

Last week's assignment was to make 221 neutral four-patches.  I'm a week behind; don't judge me.  I am on a search and destroy mission in my sewing room to locate enough neutral scraps to accomplish this task.

The first place I looked was in a bucket of 2-1/2"x4-1/2" rectangles.


Why I have a bucket of pre-cut scrappy rectangles is anyone's guess.  I'm tickled to have removed some of the contents of this bucket in hopes of completely emptying it some day.

I am confident that I've pulled out every rectangle that can possibly be considered neutral.  I'll sew through these and see how many four-patches I can come up with before I tear my sewing room apart again looking for more scraps.

This blog post is part of the 31 Day Blogging Challenge from Muppin.com.



Check out the other bloggers who have committed to chat with you every day in December HERE.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Really? A full bucket of pre-cut scraps! You are so more organized than you think:)