Friday, October 07, 2016

Unknown Origins: Or, How Old is this UFO?

A million year ago, maybe longer, I started a scrappy quilt at a quilt retreat.  I pulled it out a few years ago and put it all together, but the top has been languishing, unquilted.  Until now:


I was saving this quilt top for someone special, and someone special has been on my heart a lot lately.  I shopped the Quilt Basket sale a few weeks ago and bought some gorgeous backing/binding fabrics.
I designed this quilt which means I intentionally left some space to let the quilting add to the design:


I stitched Xs through the one-inch squares and feathers in the borders.  Two patterns, alternating, make a really strong statement!

I love this quilt.  I love it a lot.  I love that it might bring some comfort and joy to a special lady.

No comments: