Thursday, August 18, 2016

Cutie Quilt -- Share & Share Alike

I just finished a super-sweet Cutie Quilt from my Share and Share Alike pattern.


The fabric line is Baby Gone Wild from Clothworks designed by Masha D'yans.  I used wool batting from Fairfield and the loft shows off the quilting beautifully!

I cut the pieces for this quilt while I was in my hotel room in Grand Rapids last week:


I quickly pieced and quilted it as soon as I got home.  I love having pre-cut quilt kits ready for me to push through my machine!

I chose an unexpected thread color for quilting this quilt -- Rocking Horse in my FabuLux line.


It is pastel peach, blue, and mint green.  At first look, this thread shouldn't look good on this quilt. After quilting, though, I'm completely convinced it was the best choice!

I couldn't decide which free-motion quilting design to use on this quilt top, so I took a bunch of different designs from one of my Craftsy Classes and stitched them randomly over the quilt top:



This quilt is currently hanging in the Quilt Basket booth at World Quilt Show New England in Manchester, NH.  If you are visiting that show this weekend, stop by and have a closer look!

2 comments:

Doreen said...

Luv both the pattern and the stitching variety!!!!! Sew cute!!!!!

Kim said...

Very Cute :0) Nice finish!