Friday, April 29, 2016

St. Louis 16 patch -- crowdsourced quilting

My St. Louis 16 Patch is finished and I am in LOVE!!!  I recently found this fabulous FREE pattern designed by the fabulous Steffani K. Burton and asked for help in deciding how to quilt and bind it.

Here is my finished quilt:


I quilted it using Rocking Horse FabuLux.



I designed this peach, mint, and baby blue thread with pastel baby quilts in mind, but was thrilled to see how awesome it looked on these bright Flora fabrics by Joel Dewberry.  When you look at the quilt closely, you can see the individual colors but from a distance it stitches as a neutral.


I chose a few dark colored Flora fat quarters and cut them up for the binding.  I am actually becoming adequate at machine binding and was able to bind it shortly after the quilting was completed.

So, what fabrics are you going to choose for your St. Louis 16 patch quilt?  And what thread color will you use for the machine quilting?  Since you all helped me with these questions, I'll be sure to help you as well!

1 comment:

Linda P in IL said...

Beautiful..glad my thread choice worked so well...LOL