Sunday, February 07, 2016

Scrappy Sunday

I've been working on my Square Dance quilt from the latest issue of Block Magazine from Missouri Star Quilt Company.

I used all of my scrap golden brown fabrics and purchased a yellow/brown print from Quilt Basket for the border:


I worried that since the quilt is mostly brown that the yellow would be out of place.  Pleasantly, the yellow is PERFECT!  This yellow brings out the "golden" in the golden browns!

I'm ready to quilt this quilt and had two threads picked out:  Mudpies and Midas Touch from my new line of FabuLux thread from WonderFil.  Mudpies is a warm variegated brown and would have been pretty on this quilt, but the Midas Touch is a golden brown variegated and, I think, will be a better choice for this quilt.

I am hurrying to get some UFOs finished so that I don't set them aside once the fun of The Splendid Sampler begins next Sunday.  Are you planning to play along?  I will be providing machine quilting tips for this project throughout the year and am so excited about it!

No comments: