Friday, January 22, 2016

Take Me Out to the... Quilt Show?

The Tokyo Quilt Festival is held inside the Tokyo Dome baseball stadium. The baseball game food vendors are hard at work here feeding the quilters:


I was tickled to meet Silke from Australia here at the show.  She and I have a common friend who told her she had to look for me here:


Silke has a quilt in the quilt show and it won a third place ribbon!  I am so excited for her!  She quilted her quilt on her Handi Quilter Avante!

I haven't seen her quilt yet because there were over 40,000 quilters here today and it was very difficult to walk anywhere in the aisles of the show:


After the quilt show, my friend and I headed to Shibuya (think Times Square) and walked around until we found a tempura restaurant.  One of us is better at ordering food; I'll let you decide which one.

His food had eyeballs:


My meal included tempura ice cream:


After walking our feet off tonight, we found this notice in our hotel:


I'm not sure I've ever been somewhere that had earthquake drills before.

I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

2 comments:

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

40,000 people! Yikes! I am claustrophobic just thinking about it! But I do love Tokyo! Have fun!

Marleigh said...

Hi Deb visited the Tokyo Quilt show two years ago, had a great time, thought it was very different to others I'd been to. It was the first year Handiquilter was there, really enjoyed visiting the stand and the show. The Japanese ladies were really timid about freely using the sweet16, hope they are now enjoying the experience of being able to have a hands on experience. Hope you have. A great time, Tokyo is a great city.